Sunday, September 22, 2013

Our Classic Disney-themed Chef's Table. Phase 1: John's dish and recipe.

The always gracious and wonderful John Corona quickly shared his recipe with me a scant two days after our Disney-themed Chef's Table.  It is now about an hour from our next Chef's Table - and I am just now getting to post this.  I'm usually a lot better with posting things, but this summer has been a whirlwind.  So I do apologize.  The Disney theme may be in my all-time favorite Chef's Tables, so I will post more photos, even if people don't send me posts.
 
So, enough about me - how about John's magnificent dish?
 
 
 
Pam---

Thanks so much for sharing your home with us to host Chef's Table.  What a glorious time!

Could not have enough of your Earl Grey sugar cookies -- and Ben's melange of 4 different soups was tasty, and off-the-hook!

Below are the ingredients and brief directions for the Mango Salad with Pork Floss.

Pork Floss--this is the garnish

Basically -- roast pork tenderloin (325 per lb for 45-60 minutes or until interior is 165 degrees)
(Some will boil the tenderloin)
Shred the meat with a fork (some use two forks 'in opposition').
If you have a wok -- set heat at lowest setting and slowly heat until dry
Using a frying pan -- set heat at lowest setting and heat until dry..turning frequently
I used lime-infused olive oil which imparted a nice citrus flavor to the meat.

Lime-Honey Dressing

After completely removing the rind, puree 5 key limes.
This should provide 3/4 to 1 cup of pulpy liquid
To this add equal parts (3/4 cup to 1 cup)
     Vinegar ( I used Rice Wine Vinegar)
     Honey (plain, clover honey)
     Olive Oil (I used lime-infused olive oil)

To this I added regular sugar (up to 3 table spoons)...then emulsified with a blender
After refrigerating over night...give container a good shake to re-mix

Lay a bed of-
    1 leaf Butter Lettuce
    2 leaves Spinach
    2 leaves Basil

Sprinkle with a tablespoon of pork floss
Add 2 tablespoons of diced mango
Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of dressing over all

Happy Days!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment