Monday, April 15, 2013

Dancing With The Chefs RECAP

From Chef Gail:  What a delightful spring feast!  Beginning with a light, fruity beverage and spicy empanadas, continuing with a soup that literally "popped" and greens garnished with homemade chorizo and candied-cheese filled figs, a main dish of citrus marinaded pork tenderloin, caramelized onions and sweet potatoes and finished with a decadently fluffy dark chocolate and blackberry bread pudding with a berried hot butter rum sauce and port...yum!
 
Here is the link to the recipe I followed for last night's dinner:


I substituted a red Spanish wine for the expensive sherry, but otherwise I pretty much did what they said.  I put some of the olive brine in the sweet potato mash that Suzy suggested as a side and garnished with Manchego cheese and a mix of spicy Spanish olives.  Main instruction I would add is to not over cook the pork.  I seared it and then finished it in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes to an internal temp of 140-150.  Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment